Dumbbell exercises for abdominals target the upper and lower abdominals as well as the oblique muscles.
Browse through the various dumbbell exercises for abdominals below:
- Lie down on your back on a bench and hold a dumbbell on top of your chest.
- Raise your upper body until your shoulder blades no longer touch the bench and lower yourself back down after a short pause.
- To avoid pulling your neck with your hands, look straight up instead of looking at your knees.
- Lie down with your back on the bench, hands gripping the sides of it and hold a dumbbell between your feet.
- Raise your legs up until they are perpendicular to the floor and lower them back after a short pause.
- Try to keep your legs extended by keeping your knees at the same angle.
Dumbbell Side Bend
- Hold a dumbbell with one hand along the side of your body.
- Tilt your upper body to the side that holds the dumbbell and bring it back after a short pause. Complete your set and change sides.
- Be careful not to tilt your upper body too far sideways where it may be difficult to bring it back.